GlobeNet’s datacenter achieves ICREA Level IV certification
Adjacent to our cable station in Barranquilla, it supports IaaS, IP transit and domestic and international connectivity.
GlobeNet is receiving the IV certification for its datacenter in Barranquilla, Colombia. The new facility has been designed and built to meet growing demand for wholesale telco, high-speed data and IT services in the Latin American market. It provides integrators and operators with a safe and reliable alternative environment to Bogotá, meeting the highest requirements to support mission-critical IT services. Adjacent to the GlobeNet cable station in Barranquilla, the new data center supports a complete portfolio of IaaS services, IP transit and domestic and international connectivity solutions.
“This is a hallmark time for GlobeNet and for the advancement of secure and reliable network interconnection throughout Latin America,” states Eduardo Falzoni, CEO at GlobeNet. “Our highly secured Barranquilla facility will maintain GlobeNet’s legacy of neutral interconnections for international and local operators as well as enable access to international destinations via its subsea cable system. We offer a dynamic and flexible way to expand a network or access international content – with low latency routes available to major interconnection points.”
Key features of GlobeNet’s datacenter in Barranquilla:
· ICREA Level IV certified
· Host to major service providers and ISPs in Colombia
· International access to USA, Brazil, Bermuda and Venezuela via GlobeNet’s subsea cable system
· Ideal diverse location from Bogotá
· Over 200 square meters of white space
· Network, connectivity and IT services including IP Transit, Direct Internet Access, GNIIX, Cloud Connect, Managed Colocation and Hosting, Network Virtualization, etc.
· Fully redundant AC and DC, with generator backup
· Redundant and hybrid cooling
· On-site security 24x7x365
· Key cards and biometric controlled access
· Video surveillance
· Continuous network / systems monitoring
· Secured racks
· Fire protection and suppression systems